Getting back to work quickly and safely
The chances are that a number of you will be wondering how you’re going to get your staff back to work, whilst following the government guidelines around staying Covid secure. Whilst this sounds daunting, there are a lot of things you can do to ensure that your work environment is safe for your staff and any visitors.
The best ways of minimising the risks are to try and remove them rather than relying on your workforce or the public to reduce their exposure.
Below are some measures which are easier to implement
• Maintaining social distancing by taping the floor, operating a 1-way system
around your office with directional arrows
• Ensuring that all staff are staggered across desks, 1 space left unoccupied so
that you have a ‘W’ shaped pattern. Staff that can work effectively from home
to continue to do so, try to rotate staff so that every other free chair can be
• Space furniture apart, stack or have excess taken into storage so that the 1-
way system and social distancing model can more easily be maintained
• Use disposable paper keyboard and mouse pads so that at the end of each
day these can be disposed of and desks / monitors can be sprayed and wiped
with antibacterial product
• Installing movable barriers at various sections as physical divisions to help
people use your taped 1-way system
• Install sneeze guards at Reception desks, and between desks
• Issue face masks and disposable rubber surgery type gloves and antibacterial
sprays and disposable cloths
• Ensure you try and use natural ventilation by opening windows. Try and
reduce the use of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems,
which may help spread the virus.
• Install Infa-red (touchless) systems in your washrooms / W.C.s, if you have
IPS panel systems these can be retro fitted, including touchless taps
Hierarchy of controls in the workplace
The idea behind the infographic, pictured above, is that the control methods at the top of graphic are potentially more effective than those at the bottom. Following this hierarchy normally leads to the implementation of inherently safer systems, where the risk of illness has been substantially reduced.
Select Interiors can help implement a plan to get you back to work by drawing up plans and measures. We can install taped 1-way systems, barriers, sneeze guards, replace & clean HVAC (Air- Conditioning) systems, install infrared touchless W.C. & sinks in washrooms.
Email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
We at Select Interiors Manchester Makers & Creators of unique interiors at competitive prices. We design and create environments that not only make the most efficient use of space but that incorporate a sense of fun and unique, bespoke elements to every scheme<
Talk to the experts about how we can improve your office, restaurant, cafe or retail space, call the Select Interiors design team on 0161 445 4040.